Sales Team Job Description
Join the team at Carytown Bicycle Company! We are looking for both full and part-time employees to staff our sales departments.
Prime candidates are those who are detail-oriented, friendly, hard-working, and eager to learn. The primary responsibilities of the Sales Team include: restocking and maintaining the sales floor, unpacking shipments of new product, and interacting with customers to find the bike and/or accessories for their needs. Sales Staff are essential as they are regularly the face of the company, greeting customers, and setting the tone for their experience with Carytown Bicycle Co. Though Sales Staff report to the sales manager, they are expected to be proactive and able to manage their time and responsibilities independently.
- Greet customers shortly after they enter the store.
- Direct customers through the entire sales process.
- Share product knowledge and enthusiasm for bikes with customers.
- Build and maintain customer relationships.
- Complete orientation and training period.
- Regularly check company email to inform customers of available bicycle inventory.
- Proactively maintain shop appearance.
- Complete daily opening and closing tasks to company standard.
- Relay feedback about bicycles to customers and fellow mechanics as needed.
- Be customer service-oriented and personable as you are a key asset to the company.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Ability to be self-sufficient.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to problem solve and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace.
- Flexibility in schedule.
Bicycle Specific Skills
Mechanical aptitude is always welcome but not required for sales staff.
- Basic knowledge of bikes.
- Basic maintenance skills (ex.Replacing tubes and tires, or installing tubeless systems)
- E-bike familiarity
If interested in this position please complete the following tasks to be considered: