Bicycle Mechanic Job Description
Join the team at Carytown Bicycle Company! We are looking for both full and part-time employees to staff our service departments.
Prime candidates are those who are detail-oriented, friendly, hard-working, and eager to learn. The bicycle mechanic’s primary responsibilities include; bike building, tuning bikes, performing labor estimates, and customer relations. The bicycle mechanic’s job is important as we depend on well assembled and maintained bicycles to enhance customers’ experience.
Though a bicycle mechanic reports to the location's service manager they are expected to be proactive and be able to manage their time and responsibilities independently.
- Repair, check, and fix bikes to Carytown Bicycle Company standards.
- Complete projects in an efficient manner.
- Take detailed notes of all work done on bikes and correctly update the Lightspeed database.
- Keep your workspace and the service area clean.
- Relay feedback about bicycles to customers and fellow mechanics as needed.
- Be customer service-oriented and personable as a key asset to the company.
- Assist sales staff with incoming customers on busy days.
- Mechanical Aptitude required.
- Ability to be self-sufficient.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to problem solve and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to dictate and transcribe information on computers and to customers.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace.
- Flexibility in schedule.
Bicycle Specific Skills
Shop experience is preferred but not required, we will facilitate training for those interested in learning.
- Comfortable assembling and disassembling bikes.
- Replacing tubes and tires, or installing tubeless systems.
- Wheel Truing and spoke replacement.
- Adjusting hubs, headsets, and bottom brackets.
- Installing brake and derailleur cables and housing.
- Adjusting and bleeding brakes of all types.
- Adjusting front and rear derailleurs, checking/replacing chains.
- E-bike familiarity.
If interested in this position please --
- Complete the following Mechanic Questionnaire